Serial or USB control 16 trigger input device
The Broadcast Tools® GPI-16 is a computer interface to the real world. Connection through an RS-232 serial port or USB, the GPI-16 can notify your PC software program that any of 16 inputs has been opened or closed. The GPI-16 is supplied with LED indicators to display input status, making setup and troubleshooting easy. Plug-in euroblock screw terminals are provided for ease of wire installation/removal.
The GPI-16 is the ideal hardware to add to OpX, Simian or SkimmerPlus for users who need to respond to incoming trigger closures.
- Digital Inputs: 16-dry closure inputs. 15ms minimum duration.
- RS-232 Serial Port: 4800, 9600, 19200 or 38400 baud, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit (factory default: 9600)
- Display: LED’s for inputs and power
- Interfacing: Inputs – Plug-in euroblock screw terminals
Host communications via USB or RS-232 Serial Port over RJ-11. Data flow programmable
- Logic: Flash microprocessor/Non-volatile memory
- Power: 7.5-9VAC @ 1 amp or 800mA/120VAC 50-60Hz with supplied ‘Wall Wart’ power supply with North American style connectors. (CE, 240 VAC 50-60Hz optional)
- Weight: 2.0 lbs.
- Mounting Option: RA-1 rack shelf for mounting up to four units in a standard 19″ rack.
- USB Option: Included external Broadcast Tools Smart USB to Serial RS-232 adapter for systems with an insufficient number of com ports.
NOTE: All versions of Simian are compatible with this hardware device, even versions of Simian released before this device was released. If your version of Simian doesn’t have a trigger device option for the GPI-16 or GPI-16 Plus, simply select the BT ACS 8.2 or BT SS 8.2 as your trigger device. This is possible because the GPI-16 Plus uses the same communications protocol as the GPI-16, ACS 8.2 and SS 8.2 trigger functionality.